Program Objective: To graduate competent dental assistants with entry-level dental assisting skills that have completed didactic and clinical training and are prepared to pass the Expanded Functions Dental Assistant Certification tasks through the duration of this program.
Program Description: This program provides knowledge of and evaluates the students’ ability to perform entry level dental assisting skills. It is conducted in a dental office setting, allowing the student to utilize the equipment and materials used on a day to day basis in a dental office. Upon completion of the program, the student will be tested and must pass all clinical competencies in order to complete the program.
- DA 101: Introduction to Dental Assisting
- DA 102: Dental Anatomy
- DA 103: Dental Sterilization
- DA 104: Chairside Assisting
- DA 105: Patient Care
- DA 106: Dental Radiology
- DA 107: Restorative Dentistry
- DA 108: Crown & Bridge and Prosthodontics
- DA 109: Dental Specialties & CPR
- DA 110: Externship