Program Objective: To graduate competent dental assistants with entry-level dental assisting skills that have completed 18 hours of theory, 54 hours of clinical laboratory and 40 hours of externship.
Program Description: This program provides knowledge of and evaluates the students’ ability to perform entry level dental assisting skills. It is conducted in a dental office setting, allowing the student to utilize the equipment and materials used on a day to day basis in a dental office. Upon completion of the program, the student will be tested and must pass all clinical competencies in order to complete the program.
- DA 101: Introduction to Dental Assisting
- DA 102: Dental Anatomy
- DA 103: Dental Sterilization
- DA 104: Chairside Assisting
- DA 105: Patient Care
- DA 106: Dental Radiology
- DA 107: Restorative Dentistry
- DA 108: Crown & Bridge and Prosthodontics
- DA 109: Dental Specialties & CPR
- DA 110: Externship